Violence Is Obscene. War Is Obscene. Racism Is Obscene. Sexism Is Obscene. Homophobia Is Obscene. Any Form Of Hatred Is Obscene.
Men in Speedos Are Not Obscene. Men Kissing Other Men Is Not Obscene. Male Nudity Is Not Obscene.
Tumblr has marked many of my posts as inappropriate. I have appealed many of these. Tumblr has reviewed them and deemed many to be inoffensive. Therefore, these posts can be seen by all.
Others, however, upon review Tumblr judged them to be in violation of community guidelines. I question Tumblr’s judgment. I question whether Tumblr’s standards have an anti-gay bias.
I do not post picture of full frontal male nudity. The only nudity I post are men’s bare butts. These are photos from the playing and practice fields, from the social media of athletes, and from media outlets. They are picture of athletes having fun.
I also comment on the bodies of male athletes. At times, my comments are erotically charged but never pornographic or gratuitous. I post pictures of gay men kissing each other. How is that in violation of community standards, unless your community is anti-gay?
I understand if Tumblr wishes to remove posts due to copyright violations. I do not understand why Tumblr wishes to remove posts that are simply homoerotic.
Addendum I: Tumblr has flagged every post of openly gay athlete Simon Dunn and my posts of Charity Calendars (such as Warwick rowers) as offensive. Why are posts that are about openly gay athletes marked as violating community standards? And what does Tumblr find offensive about straight and gay athletes who strip off (but do not show full frontal nudity) to campaign against homophobia in sport and society?
Is Tumblr Anti-Gay?
Who’s Gay? Here Are Five Ways You Set Off Someone’s Gaydar:
Homophobic Stereotypes Still Abound!
It’s Unbelievable At the End Of 2018 That A Journal Or Magazine Would Engage In Such Stereotyping As This Article Does.
1. “Your Music”: Uh? I Am Not A Fan Of Britney Spears, Madonna, Tina (Who’s She?). Nor Do I Go Gaga Over Barbra Streisand Or Cher. While I Enjoy Broadway Shows, I Do Not Belt Out Show Tunes. My Musical Tastes Run More Toward Country/Western, Classic Rock, And Frank Sinatra.
2. “Gurl, Those Clothes”: First, I Find Epithets Such As “Gurl,” “Boi,” And “Miss Thang” So Unoriginal And Juvenile. As For My Clothes, While I Take Pride In My Appearance, Am Well-Groomed, And Neat, I’d Hardly Describe My Wardrobe As Containing “Enough Leather And Chain Wear To Remake Gladiator.”
3. “Your (Non-Existent) Relationship With Sports”: I Love Sports…Participating In And Watching A Wide Range Of Sports. As I Type This I Look Forward To Watching The Harlequins Play the Wasps Soon. I’m Gutted About The Giants And Cowboys This Season, But I Am Excited About The Chiefs. Really???
4. “Kween, Your Voice”: I Do Not Have A Singing Voice, But Do You Really Want To Identify Gay Men By Their Voices? Can You Identify People Of Color Or White People By Their Voices? Unbelievable!
5. And Yet, I May Not Fit The Mold This So-Called Guide To Gaydar Sets Forth, I Have Sex With Other Men, And, Yes, I Am Gay.
What A Stupid Arse, Homophobic Piece!
Shame On Metrosource For Printing It!
A True Sport Stud💪
Jeff Rohrer, Who Played With Dallas From 1982 To 1989, Recently Announced That He Is Gay. He Will Marry His Fiance This Weekend. Rohrer Proves That You Are Never Too Old To Come Out And Live Your Truth. You Inspire Many (Both Young And Old) Today.
Best Wishes, Jeff Rohrer!🥂
You Are A True Sport Stud, Baby!🙇♂️